[ardour-dev] Some crashes

Petter Sundlöf petter.sundlof at findus.dhs.org
Thu Jan 12 04:57:53 PST 2006

Since there's no known bugs list anywhere (except going through the
previous mails here, which I did).

- 'z' for Zoom tool doesn't work. ditto for shift-G et cetera. I guess
this is because these don't have a menu entry yet. How about a
Transport>Tools submenu?

- Ctrl+Right click on a Plugin to bring up the Plug-in Editor crashes
Ardour.

- The Recent dialogue requires selection + OK button press. At least
double click on a session should open it, or even single click as before
(then with no buttons). Or why not make Recent a submenu? This makes
more sense to me

- Modified accels are not saved (for example if I set Editor and Mixer
to F2 and F3 respectively, it is not remembered on a restart.

- Ardour does not honor the state of automation tracks. I opened a
session in ardour1, and set the automation for some plugins to visible.
Saved. WHen opening in ardour2 these were not visible.

- Metering is very odd. I press play, it works fine for 1sec, then gets
really weird. See this animated GIF:
http://findus.dhs.org/~odd/ardour_weird_metering.gif

- I cannot decrease the height of a window to less of the height the
tracks take up.

Finally, ardour2 is very noticeably slower at loading large sessions.
About 1/3 or ardour1's speed.

And a dumb aside: I don't understand some of the colour choices in the
theme: namely the turqoise and lime green colours for some selected
buttons. Or why region names are bright red.

Great work and thanks for the progress. I'll be happy to work on the
translation soon again. Will it require a total reworking or will it be
easy to migrate it?

Best regards,
Petter Sundlöf