[ardour-dev] ultra-preliminary alpha ardour2 tarball release available

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Wed Jan 11 23:58:39 PST 2006

Quoting Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com>:

> QUESTION: How can I keep both 0.99beta30 and Ardour2-Alpha1 on my
> system and quickly switch back and forth between them? (Or even run
> them both side by side?)

Installing ardour2 at the moment doesn't seem like a good idea to me; the
software isn't usable yet, especially when compared with 0.99.

My suggestion is that you don't install ardour2 at all. You can run it with
the "ardev" script located in the gtk2_ardour/ directory like so:

    cd /path/to/ardour2/gtk2_ardour/
    ./ardev

You need to make sure that the files: ardour2_ui.rc, ardour.bindings and
ardour.menu are available at a location where ardour can find them, i.e:

ln -s /path/to/ardour2/gtk2_ardour/ardour2_ui.rc ~/.ardour/
ln -s /path/to/ardour2/gtk2_ardour/ardour.bindings ~/.ardour/
ln -s /path/to/ardour2/gtk2_ardour/ardour.menu ~/.ardour/

  Sampo