[ardour-dev] Problems compiling 0.99.2

Matt Walker ard.walker at divasive.com
Mon Feb 20 14:29:15 PST 2006

On Monday 20 February 2006 15:28, Eldad Zack wrote:
> On Monday 20 February 2006 05:52, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> > On 2/19/06, Matt Walker <ard.walker at divasive.com> wrote:
> > > I had a similar problem with 0.99.1, but just kept running scons and
> > > eventually it figured it out.
> > >
> > > This is a brand new squeeky clean FC3 with Planet CCRMA, gcc 3.4.4.,
> > > AMD32 hardware
> > >

> > > g++ -03 ....blah blah...  gtk_ardour/ardour_ui_dialogs.cc
> > > g++: Internal error: Segmentation fault (program cc1plus)
> > > Please submit full bug report.
> > >
> > > Is this for real? Is this a buggy gcc? What little i can find googling
> > > cc1plus looks like some m$ (cygwin?) thing?
> >
> > Everytime I've gotten internal compiler errors in the past has been
> > due to bad RAM.  I suggest setting up a memtest boot target and
> > running it overnight.  http://www.memtest86.com/
>
> This is almost always the case. does this occur at the same place all the
> time? anyway, memtest would clear it up - but be ready to endure the test
> time :)

Memtest revealed 1 stinkin bad memory address in 512 Meg, but does anyone know
how to patch a Planet CCRMA kernel with the BadRAM patch, or for that matter
how to fit ANY 'alien' patch to fit into the rpmbuild 'quilt'? I'm pulling my
few remaining hairs out here. I'd hate to toss a DIMM for 1 bad address :-((

Matt Walker