[ardour-dev] Recording Alingment Issue?

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Mon Feb 20 11:18:35 PST 2006

On 2/20/06, Pete Bessman <ninjadroid at gazuga.net> wrote:
> I could have sworn this was fixed a long time ago, but nonetheless, I've
> found that when I record stuff, I have to drag it to the right a wee bit
> so that it lines up with existing material properly.  The only thing
> that has changed is I accidentally deleted my .ardour folder --- was
> there an option in there that said "align my stuff" or something?
> Because other than that, i have no clue what is going on.

Well, there are two modes for the alignment compensation and the
controls for this were moved to individual tracks (was a global
option).  I'm guessing that the default mode does not match your usage
style.  You probably record mostly jack-synced softsynth/sampler
output right?  The default alignment option is the one suited for
external signal recording.

You control this per-track by either clicking the 'v' button or right
clicking in the track header and selecting the Alignment Option there.
 The 'align with capture time' is what you might want.   If neither
option does the right thing for you, let us know.

jlc