[ardour-dev] 0.99.1 causing plugin crash?

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Fri Feb 10 02:28:15 PST 2006

Quoting Per Sigmond <per at sigmond.no>:

> Hi.
>
> After upgrading to 0.99.1 I am having crashes when I do the following
> sequence:
>
> - Press 'p' to position playcursor rapidly followed by 'space' (to start
> play)
> -> segfault in tap_Echo.so (says gdb)
>
> I am doing this 'p' + 'space' all the time while editing regions in a
> track (typically split+nudge to reposition notes).
>
> The TAP Stereo Echo sits prefade in a stereo bus.
>
> Can anyone duplicate this?

Heh. Just last night i was up until 1AM duplicating a very similar issue. I
can't be sure that it's the same issu, but "rapidly followed by" sounds like
the case. I'll continue examining the issue the following weekend.

Do you still have 0.99? Can you confirm whether this crash happens with it?

If it doesn't duplicate on 0.99, suspicion falls on the lock system Jesse
built for between 0.99 and 0.99.1 .

  Sampo