[ardour-dev] problems with SSE code for x86_64

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Wed Feb 8 10:43:05 PST 2006

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 12:37:25 -0500
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> It is going to take a lot of will to avoid being utterly and deeply rude
> to you.

You did an excellent job!

I've got my fingers crossed for something big happening for you and
Ardour.  I'm up to my eyeballs in mixing and overdubbing a friend's
album currently, and I find that unlike back when I was working under
M$, even the biggest problems are not a big deal.

Example: after an overdub with a fiddle player who came up from NYC
last weekend, I went to do a playback and ardour disappeared completely
on me.  No problem - I just stop jack and start it again in qjackctl (which
also restarts Ardour), and there was everything just as I'd left it,
including the last take.  Under Windows, the OS would likely have crashed,
and who knows if the take would have been there to be recovered.

Good luck with the upcoming negotiations.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com