[ardour-dev] Ardour + Ardour2 on same machine?

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Mon Dec 18 15:39:37 PST 2006

Paul Davis a écrit :
> On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 21:07 +0100, Christophe Combelles wrote:
>> I could do that, but the last time I did it (b8), I had a conflict with po files
>> and with the gettext domain.
>
> we'd better fix that. thanks for pointing it out - most of the
> developers compile with NLS=0, so we tend not to see i18n issues.

I had already posted a message with this problem and a few others, but I feel
like it has not been noticed. I'm pasting it partly again below :

(...)
I also had a crash : I associate a fader (Ctrl-middleclick), I enable feedback,
then disable it, then move a bcf2000 fader -> it crashes.

I've noticed some other bugs (still in beta8) :

- When autoplay is activated, the playback starts when the mouse button is
pressed down ; shouldn't it be better to start it on mouse button release ?
The problem is when you press and drag the mouse on the upper timeline, the
playhead behaves strangely, because it is relocated onto the mouse cursor on
each mousemove and at the same time it constantly wants to leave the mouse when
the mouse stops.

- another issue I had : I wanted to install both 0.99 and 2.0, and I made some
deb packages. While packaging I found that there are some conflicts on the
gettext domains, which is the same in 0.99 and 2.0 (gtk_ardour in both). I know
this could be resolved while packaging, but I think there are some things to
rename in ardour2 so that it can live beside ardour1 with no conflict. (such as
libardour.mo which is the same)

- I also found that the MTC MMC parameters are not saved with the session (last
tab of the options window)

- I had a crash while adding 27 tracks at the same time

- in ardour with vst support, but with no vst plugin installed, if you open the
window that let you add a plugin, then go to the (empty) vst tab, then click on
"add", nothing should happen but actually it add a ladspa plugin.

regards,
Christophe