[ardour-dev] patch for ardour2 generic midi control surface feedback

John Anderson ardour at semiosix.com
Sun Dec 17 08:48:38 PST 2006

Feedback for the Generic MIDI control surface hasn't been working in
ardour2. This patch makes it work. Made against revision 1220. It
doesn't address the following:

- sometimes motorised sliders on the control surface get 'sticky'. This
happens when ardour tries to send feedback to the control surface, when
it's the control surface that's generating the movement.

- The status of the toggle on the
Options/Control Surfaces/Controls/Feedback
menu isn't properly set on startup of a new session.

- The fix creates a once-off memory leak. I tried several approaches but
this was the only one that worked. I'm hoping that somebody who is more
knowledgable about glibmm and gtkmm will be able to find a better
solution. See comments in the patch for more details.

- MIDIControllable::_send_feedback seems to be mostly redundant.

If somebody could point me in the right directions here, I could
probably write the relevant code.

bye
John