[ardour-dev] recent SVN commits

Mike Taht mike.taht at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 12:17:29 PST 2006

I have been blogging all the fun I've been having with ardour2. It's really
been remarkably good since beta8

Most recently my favorite feature has been that it runs really well over the
net via X (aside from the meters lagging a bit) which means I can do edits
anywhere in the house, on the front porch, it doesn't matter.

On a previous post you indicated that "cleanup" worked now. I did a bit of
recording last night against rev 1180, did not take any snapshots, deleted
many a region, and cleanup didn't work. Updated to 1213 this morning,
cleanup still didn't work against that session. Compiling 1214 now. Does
this mean that sessions generated with a version prior to 1200 can't be
cleaned up? What does cleanup really mean? I will start a new session...

This is all rev 1180 stuff:

On attempting to import/upsample a 44.1 khz flac file as a region into a
96khz session, it failed on trying to create a file called .01 in my project
directory. After touching the file manually, it seemed to be doing something
but after 10 minutes or so of watching the progress bar not move, I killed
it.

I did an export session after running for about 3 hours, to export from 96k
down to 44.1 16 bit. Ardour2 ran wild and ate 100% of cpu for about 8 hours
(I know this isn't terribly useful info without a core dump)

On 12/15/06, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> Some of these changes are potentially substantive in their consequences.
> Please report any (undesirable) changes in behaviour you notice. The
> changes should be all good.
>
>   * notice new locate requests while servicing old ones (makes a
> difference on large sessions)
>   * write new session file to a different name then rename. this way if
> writing the file fails, the old file still exists. backup file still
> created.
>   * cleanup handling of input changes at startup (a bit faster now)
>   * auditioner connects to first two physical outputs, not hard-coded
> names
>   * stop AudioEngine (JACK client) at shutdown, as first step, not last
>   * start engine before loading session, always - all sessions start
> "clean" now (i.e. not marked dirty and requiring a save)
>   * fix crash caused when loading one session after another
>   * truncate plugin and plugin parameter names in track control area
> (this used to make all the control areas grow horizontally)
>
>   * rev 1214

Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge
http://the-edge.blogspot.com

"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head
and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some
favors come with too high a price. I would look up into your lifeless eyes
and wave, like this [smiles and waves his fingers at Morden]. Can you and
your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?" - Vir