[ardour-dev] Bug in 2.0beta9: unrequested looping, then hang

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Wed Dec 6 07:34:57 PST 2006

Artem Vakhitov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been able to reproducibly hang Ardour 2.0beta9 with Jack 0.101.1
> on Ubuntu Edgy in the following way:
>
> 1. Start a new session.
> 2. Set Jack as time master.

I have a lot of problems with ardour as Jack time master too. Looping
for example: as the playhead hits the loop-end and tries to loop, the
play-stop controls start flashing until ardour crashes.

I've reported this even in the 0.99 days to this list a couple of times,
but this hasn't been addressed yet. There was an entry in the Mantis
tracker, but I can't seem to find it...

I'd like to use Ardour for audio and as long as there is no native midi
editing possible with Ardour, sync through jack with a midi sequencer.
This is however currently not possible, so I'm still bound to Windows
and Cubase... boohooo... :(

I will search Mantis again for a bug report, and If I can't find it I'll
report a new one...

Cheers!

Harold.