[ardour-dev] 2.0 beta9 released

Mike Taht mike.taht at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 16:12:05 PST 2006

Applause - looks better and better. Actually, looks friggen beautiful!

Some totally trivial comments:

The contrast of the screen is pretty close to "just right" now.

I kinda would like it if the default window on new session came up as the
vertical height of the number of tracks enabled, I'm always resizing it
first thing.

After having it compile and "just work" on my new FC6 box, FC6 does
appear to have changed the udev syntax somewhat so that the code on the
website for the tranzport doesn't work (yet) for me... still fiddling.

Any chance to ever have meters that go down to 90db or even lower for 96khz
work? sure uses up cpu cycles but I'd love to see what's going on better
down in the mud....

The lovely slider on the fader could easily be thinner (and grow more thin
when the mixer bar is made thinner)

Where'd jack sync go? All I see is SMPTE offset in the options sync window.

Enough on appearances - I'm gonna go record some music as soon as I get done
my real job.

what a butt kicking release!

On 12/1/06, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

>   http://ardour.org/files/releases/ardour-2.0beta9.tar.bz2
>
> Changes since beta8:
>
> * various improvements and automation for VST-support build process
> * new playlist creation more reliable and slightly easier to use
> * Frontier Designs Tranzport support now included in tarball
> * timecode clock mode now shows FPS and drop/nondrop status,
> * audio frames clock shows nominal sample rate with pull up/down
> * big clock is bigger, clearer and glows bright red when recording
> * many, many fixes for automation drawing and editing
> * more reliable crossfade creation
> * new fader widget
> * gain numeric display is now editable to directly set gain in dB
> * defer history loading until the correct time
> * save plugin automation state
> * crossfade views are only as long as crossfades themselves
> * regions are translucent while trimming or dragging
> * show verbose time cursor when copy-grabbing regions
> * all transport clocks update when dragging playhead
> * add support for 80 or 100 subframes per frame for timecode
> * no auto-play after stopping a loop
> * right-hand editor notebook sized retained at all times
> * add "reset region gain envelope"
> * fix to avoid stuck tearoff drags
> * solo/mute/rec-enable now MIDI bindable again
> * FFT analysis window has better representation of low frequencies
> * hover-expand mode removed for several treeviews
> * fix broken IO connection dialog for non-english users
> * display timecode from BWF in soundfile browser
> * several more icons from Thorsten Wilms
> * mute sends+inserts when a route is not soloed but others are
> * small theme color changes
> * fixes to compilation/revision system, hopefully works for all now
> * track naming patch
> * canvas size allocations now more efficiently handled
> * region view respond to changes in fade in/out curves
> * undo/redo possible for some fade in/out operations
> * automation tracks extend to max_frames
> * fix display of +/- buttons in edit group list
> * undo/redo support for changing region start position, and
>      changing end/length values for regions

Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge
http://the-edge.blogspot.com
"'What is Linux? - A very powerful form of birth control."