[ardour-dev] test release of 0.99.3 for osx universal

Joshua Parmenter joshp at u.washington.edu
Tue Apr 25 19:56:43 PDT 2006

Hi Taybin,

First of all... thank you! Just a quick run of things looks good. I
do have a couple of questions though. First, these errors popped up
when I started Ardor:

[ERROR]: AudioEngine: cannot connect ardour:auditioner/out 1
(ardour:auditioner/out 1) to coreaudio:Built-in Audio:in1
(coreaudio:Built-in Audio:in1)
[ERROR]: AudioEngine: cannot connect ardour:auditioner/out 2
(ardour:auditioner/out 2) to coreaudio:Built-in Audio:in2
(coreaudio:Built-in Audio:in2)

This may have to do with my second question. I'm using the new
JackOSX, using an Aggregate device to combine the ins and outs on the
MacBook... any reason why Ardour would be looking for the Built in
Audio rather then using the Aggregate? Even though the error pops up,
things still seem to work fine... so may be this isn't a problem.

The second may be better for the JackOSX list, but the Jack Router
isn't showing up in System Preferences. Once again, Ardour seems to
run fine in spite of this, but I can't seem to get other apps to
connect...

And one last thing (sorry to bother)... There were once LADSPA
packages for OS X... have these been made universal also? I've tried
to compile them on my own, but there are some strange errors and
failures... Has anyone out there had success getting any LADSPA
plugins to build on an intel mac?

Thanks again... I've been missing Ardour since I got the new laptop!

Josh

Joshua Parmenter
joshp at u.washington.edu
Post-Doctoral Research Associate - Center for Digital Arts and
Experimental Media
Raitt Hall - University of Washington
Seattle, Washington 98195

http://www.dxarts.washington.edu