[ardour-dev] Re: 0.9beta30 + freeverb?

Mon Sep 19 12:37:21 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 11:50 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> > > Oh, and BTW: you seem yo have compiled your ardour wrong.
> > > You start it with --use-hw-optimization but it prints
> > > "ardour: [INFO]: No H/W specific optimizations in use".
> > > Either you forgot to add one or both of USE_SSE_EVERYWHERE and
> > > BUILD_SSE_OPTIMIZATIONS to your scons line, or your HW doesn't support
> > > SSE.
> >
> > Yes, I did not comment on that as it did not seem important (compared to
> > explosions when stoping and starting playback!)
> >
> > I compiled with the suggested flags for packagers:
> >       USE_SSE_EVERYWHERE=0
> >       BUILD_SSE_OPTIMIZATIONS=1
> > The machine is a laptop with a Pentium 4 so it should have SSE...
>
> can you try pluralizing that option? i am suprised there was no error,
> given that the option is actually --use-hw-optimizations ....

Using either that or "-o" yields the same result (this time on FC4 and
on an Athlon64 X2 4200+). Argh, I could not reproduce the simple setup
that I had on FC3 last night that leads to explosions with freeverb.

This is the start of ardour:

> ardour --use-hw-optimizations
Ardour/GTK 0.9beta30
   (built using 0.603.2 with libardour 0.900.3 and GCC version 4.0.1
20050727 (Red Hat 4.0.1-5))
Copyright (C) 1999-2005 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright (C) Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren, Joel
Baker

Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.
ardour: [ERROR]: MIDI: no such port device
ardour: [WARNING]: No MMC control (MIDI port "trident" not available)
ardour: [INFO]: No H/W specific optimizations in use
ardour: [WARNING]: Your system generates "Mod2" when the NumLock key is
pressed. This can cause problems when editing so Ardour will use Mod3 to
mean Meta rather than Mod2

-- Fernando