[ardour-dev] 0.9beta30 + freeverb?

Sun Sep 18 19:40:13 PDT 2005

Hey, I just got back from a trip and built 0.9beta30. I recorded a new
session (just two mono tracks from a hydrogen demo pattern), then added
one plugin to the output master strip - freeverb - and I'm having weird
problems. I activated freeverb, changed a few parameters and I have a
reverberated version of the take when rolling the transport. So far so
good. But when I stop the transport I sometimes can hear a blip being
reverberated. Once that happens, if I start and stop the transport again
I get a bigger blip reverberated and so on and so forth. The blip gets
to be a big crash, bigger and bigger and bigger as I stop/start the
transport.

Could this be build related? Somebody must have noticed this before me.
This was not happening with 0.9beta29, of course.

-- Fernando

PS: messages printed on startup:

$ ardour --use-hw-optimization
Ardour/GTK 0.9beta30
   (built using 0.603.2 with libardour 0.900.3 and GCC version 3.4.4
20050721 (Red Hat 3.4.4-2))
Copyright (C) 1999-2005 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright (C) Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren, Joel
Baker

Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.
ardour: [ERROR]: MIDI: no such port device
ardour: [ERROR]: MIDI: no such port device
ardour: [INFO]: No H/W specific optimizations in use
ardour: [WARNING]: Your system generates "Mod2" when the NumLock key is
pressed. This can cause problems when editing so Ardour will use Mod3 to
mean Meta rather than Mod2
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "toggle-recorder-window"