[ardour-dev] ardour-0.9beta30 released

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 14:25:02 PDT 2005

On 9/12/05, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> After months and months of delay, I am pleased to release
> ardour-0.9beta30.
>
>         http://ardour.org/releases/ardour-0.9beta30.tar.bz2

<SNIP>

Great news Paul. Thanks.

While I Wait for Ardour.org to start responding I'll ask if the x86
platform below includes AMD64. cat proc/cpuinfo say my processor does
support sse/sse2, but I think that the Gentoo devs have been turning
this off in a generic sense for the 64-bit machines running 64-bit
cores. Do you suggest I try it?

Thanks,
Mark

<SNIP>
>  *  USE_SSE_EVERYWHERE=1 (scons flag)
> This means that gcc is supposed to optimize all compiled code with SSE
> instructions. This should be used if the built binary will be used only
> on computers with SSE.
>
>  * BUILD_SSE_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 (scons flag)
> The hand-written assembler functions will be built in and will be
> selected run-time if the parameter "-o" is given AND the current
> processor supports SSE.
>
> Everyone "rolling their own" ardour executables on x86 platforms
> should use both of these options.

<SNIP>