[ardour-dev] v0.99 crashes when dragging a region with right mouse button

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Sat Oct 1 04:25:27 PDT 2005

Hello,

While playing a lot with ardour UI, I finally got a crash. (This is
MUCH more harder today than a few months ago!)

This is probably similar to bug #1086, but it is 99% repeatable
although not predictable with a finite set of actions.

- Press the right mouse button inside a region
- drag outside the region
- release the mouse button.
- repeat this many times

=> Ardour crashes just when the mouse button is released
It sometimes happen after repeating 5 or 6 times, sometimes after 50
times.

Since there is no right mouse drag feature, it is probably related to
the context menu.

I could reproduce with two different builds, on two different machines
(a Sarge and a Sid).

Could you please also try to reproduce ?
When I have time I will try to send a bt.

regards,
Christophe