[ardour-dev] Ardour2 cvs snapshots ?

Raphael Jacquot sxpert at esitcom.org
Wed Nov 30 23:38:17 PST 2005

Pau Arumí wrote:
> When there will be cvs snapshots of Ardour2 available ?
> (Or do they already exist and I'm loosing something?)
>
> I'm dying to see how the creature grows! :-)

it exists as :

http://ardour.org/releases/ardour2-cvs.tar.bz2

but it doesn't compile yet

if you ask me, I find the reasons for non-availability of a public
read-only cvs (something like anonymous at cvs.ardour.org ) are rather
weak, quote :

----
We are also willing to grant anonymous (read-only) CVS access to our
core beta testers. We apologize for not having a password-free
configuration, but various factors make this impossible at this time. At
present, anonymous CVS is intended for our core beta-testers - other
people should use regular release tarballs and/or the CVS snapshot.
Please read the reply you will probably get if you ask.
----

notably the term "various factors" ;D

if Paul would like to explain it in terms such as "we don't have the
bandwidth", "we can't configure it because we're not root on the box"
and similar things, it would be much more understandable.