[ardour-dev] latency compensation questions

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 21:00:26 PST 2005

That was the question I had when I was reading your explanation. It
seems that on a bus holding a reverb that it cannot work because the
typical thing to do is set the reverb to 100% wet and then mix it back
in with the track audio therefore unless you are buffering the
original track audio for the latency of the reverb you cannot get the
two back in sync with each other.

In the case of the bus nothing 'rolls' so nothing can be 'delayed', correct?

It's an interesting problem.

Thanks,
Mark