[ardour-dev] latency compensation questions

Josh Karnes jkarnes1 at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 31 14:31:29 PST 2005

OK, so how exactly does Ardour's latency compensation work?

I guess it is related to plugins, and the plugin reports some latency to
Ardour, correct?  Or Ardour calculates it somehow?  I have not reviewed the
code obviously.

Just wondering if there's a hack-way of making a plugin that does nothing
except allow a tuneable amount of plugin compensation, and allow me to
"insert" an external effect.  Basically the idea is to get Ardour to
compensate for the latency of the system to patch something into the track
like an EQ or whatever.

Or maybe there's already a plugin that does this?