[ardour-dev] scons first timer

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 11:10:29 PST 2005

Hi,
   I've got some problems with beta 28 from the Planet so I decided
I'd better try from some recent version of CVS. Assuming there is
still no anonymous CVS download (is that true?) I downloaded the
nightly tarball. When I try to build I see this:

[mark at Godzilla ardour]$ scons -j2 PREFIX=/usr
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
AttributeError: Options instance has no attribute 'AddOptions':
  File "SConstruct", line 19:
    opts.AddOptions(
[mark at Godzilla ardour]$

SConstruct at line #19 looks like this:

#
# Command-line options
#

opts = Options('scache.conf')
opts.AddOptions(
    BoolOption('ALTIVEC', 'Compile using Altivec instructions', 0),
  ('ARCH', 'Set architecture-specific compilation flags by hand (all
flags as 1 argument)',''),
    BoolOption('DEBIAN', 'Debian build options (no internal versions
of 3rd party libraries)', 0),
    BoolOption('DEBUG', 'Set to build with debugging information and
no optimizations', 0),
    PathOption('DESTDIR', 'Set the intermediate install "prefix"', '/'),
    BoolOption('DEVBUILD', 'Use shared libardour (developers only)', 0),

Is this my problem or something in the tarball?

thanks,
Mark