[ardour-dev] Re: Beta 28 from CVS mtc??

David Mulcahy eseol at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 05:33:44 PST 2005

Hello
I might be out of my depth a bit here but just a suggestion.  I remember
reading that you have to prioritise the irq of your soundcard to get low
latency (with some settings eg preempt desktop or realtime) on a 2.6 kernel.
Now I dont use CCRMA so i dont know if that is setup to work like that out
the box.  If it is setup for that then it might not set the RTC irq (you do
need this for MTC sync dont you?) to a higher priority.  Just a suggestion
maybe someone may be able to clarify that.

Dave