[ardour-dev] ardour packager feedback requested

Robert Jordens rjo-lists at gmx.de
Mon Mar 14 02:07:23 PST 2005

Hello!

[Sun, 13 Mar 2005] Paul Davis wrote:
> As mentioned, I plan to switch Ardour to use only scons for building
> by the end of this coming week. I know that some packagers utilize
> various aspects of the autoconf+make system to get their packaging
> process to work. I would like to solicit feedback on how we can
> improve your lives (if indeed we can) using scons.

I'm really happy you dumped auto* and make!
Auto* are a real pain in the ass. See
http://derpi.tuwien.ac.at/doc/autotools-dev/README.Debian.gz for some
examples we face.
I'm currently looking into the new ardour package with scons.
Thanks again for switching!

[Sun, 13 Mar 2005] Paul Davis wrote:
> one question i have: does using -march=i586/i686 also cause problems?

Yes. Those do not work on a K5/K6 IIRC.

        Robert.

--
An authority is a person who can tell you more about something than you
really care to know.