[ardour-dev] latest CVS commit

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Jan 14 10:34:39 PST 2005

>On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:38:20 -0500, Paul Davis
><paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
>
>>    if you remove a port, it should be the last port. my next
>>    commit will enforce this in the GUI.
>>

>Can you explain what you mean by this? It sounds a bt scary as a user?
>Last port on a track? Last port hooked up? Something else?

the highest numbered port.

its not that scary. if you do it incorrectly, all that happens is that
when you reload the session, and there were connections to a port
numbered higher than the one you removed, ardour will fail to
restablish the connections (as will the rest of JACK).

that's because we don't maintain port numbers in the session state
file. if there are 5 ports mentioned in the file, they will be named
"in1", "in2", "in3", "in4" and "in5", even though last time they might
have been 1, 2, 3, 6

--p