[ardour-dev] VFAT file handling

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Jan 14 03:47:33 PST 2005

>Why not embed it in a chunk in the soundfile header. You can put all kinds of
>detail there, which channel of how many. Exact location of the original
>source, time of capture etc.

the purpose is to ensure unique file names. my canonical example is a
stereo track called "FILL" and a mono track called "FIL". however, i
have just realized that my example is wrong because the file names

anyway, the other purpose is to allow people to browse the "sounds"
directory and easily understand which audio file is what.

i think we'll use "." to be friendly to PT-aware people.

--p