[ardour-dev] VFAT file handling

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 14:21:35 PST 2005

Paul, et. all,
   I was just looking at old conversations and saw no reply to the
info I had provided about VFAT (I guess..) file names under Pro Tools
and the use of the '?' symbol under Ardour.

   Did anything happen with this issue/feature? Might it in the future
is not now?

   Again, the Pro Tools mechanism for handling this was:

name.L.wav
name.R.wav

   I had wondered (but not communicated) about extending this to
larger channel counts using something like:

name.3A.wav
name.3B.wav
name.3C.wav

or

name.5A.wav
name.5B.wav
..
name.5E.wav

with the idea that you'd know how many channels were expected, and
you'd know the order of the channels even though they are strored as
separate mono wave files.

   Anyway, just following up.

Thanks,
Mark