[ardour-dev] Fwd: Re: [ardour-users] Invalid filename

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 14:01:55 PST 2005

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:12:10 -0500, Paul Davis
<paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> i hate to say this, but i think you may be stuck with this. unless
> somebody can suggest a character that is suitably uncommon in unix
> filenames but is still legal on a vfat filesystem.
>
> btw, vfat is a horrible filesystem for audio work, as far as i am
> aware.
>
> --p

Bummer about the character problem. Hope you can find an answer. I'm
pretty much committed to VFAT as it maintains compatilbility between
Pro Tools and Ardour. I can have a single directory structure with
both Ardour and Pro Tools sessions in the top directory and a single
set of audio files. Do I have another FS choice?

I have no real performance problems with VFAT as far as I can tell,
but I probably need to go looking a bit more for those problems if
they exist on Linux boxes. None the less, as of today all my Ardour
work is record on VFAT and it's been fine for me.

- Mark