[ardour-dev] layer patch

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Wed Jan 5 19:09:47 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 21:01, nick mainsbridge wrote:

> one idea behind it is indeed what you describe.
> the main problem i see with the current 'user controls layers' approach
> is that arranging some combination of regions at one end of a long take
> can influence the arrangement at the other end, where the result isn't
> guaranteed to be visible.

    This is what gets me every time.  I think I've got the thing patched
up the way I want it and I get down to the other end and the pasted
region that I put there is no longer on top.

> if people liked this approach, we could remove all manual control over
> layering from the editor.

    Manual layering is fine.  It's the automatic - "I just cut a piece
off of this so now it's on top" layering that I don't find helpful.

Jan