[ardour-dev] layer patch

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Wed Jan 5 18:19:33 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 20:05, nick mainsbridge wrote:
> this patch is really just a quick hack to demonstrate a layering
> approach to editing.
> whenever a region is moved or trimmed, the other regions on its'
> playlist are 'shuffled' so that the later regions are higher. this makes
> manipulating regions easier esp. wrt trimming.

    Does this mean that - if I record a track, then cut and paste a
small piece somewhere in the middle of it, then trim the end of the
original piece, the pasted section will remain on top?  That one drives
me crazy.  Apparently, at present, the last edited section is placed on
top so the little pasted pieces (or punch in/out pieces) end up
underneath.

Jan