[ardour-dev] Ctrl-right-click on waveform crashes Ardour

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Mon Feb 21 17:41:03 PST 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:24:46 -0500
Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:11:05 -0800
> Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Did you get your Behringer yet?
>
> I did, but I've yet to get it interfaced.  I suspect a problem with
> my USB port.  The USB Mode LED lights when I connect it to other boxen,
> but not the one in my  studio.

Grrr...  on page 40 of the mobo manual, on the page where it shows
how to connect the extra ports to the mobo jumpers, is this note:
"You must install the driver before you can use the USB 2.0 capability."

Sure enough, I boot into Windoze, stick the mobo CD in the drive, let
Windoze find the new hardware and load drivers.  Ahhh, all's seen there,
now reboot - and the Behringer's seen on the USB hub.

Damn, I can't get away from them.

It's an ASUS P4P800-SE, just in case anyone's interested.  A lovely mobo,
but non-intuitive to get running in a Linux environment.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com