[ardour-dev] FD Tranzport

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Sun Feb 20 20:14:21 PST 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Joe Hartley wrote:

> Paul, I think I remember from the changelogs that you've used a BCF2000
> in testing Ardour (though maybe it was Jesse).

Yes, that was me, I implemented the midi feedback in ardour
within a week after taking delivery...  note that the automation
feedback is a bit chunky, and will be until we come up with a
cleaner way of efficiently dealing with some backend issues.

> Was it connected via USB, or did it connect to the MIDI ports of an
> installed soundcard?

I used it via USB.  Worked straight out of the box with alsa.

Hey Joe, while I have you here... have you checked out
sooperlooper recently? (http://essej.net/sooperlooper)  I'm ready
for you and your friend to start testing sync with a real EDP
whenever.

jlc