[ardour-dev] FD Tranzport

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Sat Feb 19 09:21:46 PST 2005

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:03:53 -0800
Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, might be an option. The other one appeals due to it's wireless
> capabilities.
>
> Are Ardour folks using this unit?
>

> > for US$199 you can get 8 motorized faders, knobs and buttons:
> >
> >    http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHBCF2000

I was supposed to have one of these in my hands today, but it took
Musician's Friend an extra day to ship it.  The box I got yesterday
was just my mic cables :-/

I remember years ago when I saw my first mixer with motorized faders.
I wanted so badly to get my hands on it!!!

FFwd a few years, and I got chills when I first got the automation
working in Ardour - so cool!

Now, since my wife told me she'd ordered me the BCF2000, I've been
visibly aroused!!!!   (Sorry, TMI, I know)

I'm dying to get my hands on this thing.  I have a feeling it's going to
be that piece of the equation that _really_ makes this work like a
breeze.  There's nothing like real faders under your fingers - clicking
and dragging one on the screen just ain't the same.

A full report to come once I get it!!!

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com