[ardour-dev] FD Tranzport

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 05:55:18 PST 2005

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 08:43:18 -0500, Paul Davis
<paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> >http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TranzPort/
> >
> >This would be quite cool to use with Ardour
>
> If it sent MMC, as all other controllers tend to, then you
> can. But it appears to require a proprietary device driver to
> interpret the data stream it delivers, so its unclear. the specs don't
> make it any clearer.
>
> --p

Yeah, I guess I wouldn't know. If the thing requires a driver then I
wonder if there's any chance of using it under Wine?

Anyway, a sub-$200 outboard transport would be a really nice
alternative to using a mouse, most especially when I want to record
things like acoustic guitar. I may get one for Pro Tools and then be
pesky about getting you to look at it under Linux. ;-)

Thanks,
Mark