[ardour-dev] o'reilly

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Feb 15 15:38:32 PST 2005

i am having a conversation with an editor from o'reilly:

This looks interesting.  Tell me more:
-- How many people are actively using Ardour in day-to-day operations?  In
other words, what's the installed base right now?
-- How many downloads of Ardour have there been?
-- Are there any "high profile" users?  For example, did Green Day record
their latest and greatest using Ardour?

I'm trying to establish the current market size and growth rate which, in
turn, will help me determine the potential for sales of books about the
tool.

The program looks cool to me as someone who has spent many, many hours in
recording studios (as a musician).  However, my experience has been almost
entirely analog and my digital recording experience is limited almost
entirely to a single recording session in a ProTools environment, and in
using Garageband on my Mac at home to replace my Tascam PortaStudio ;-)