[ardour-dev] help wanted to track down a class of bugs

ross at lug.udel.edu ross at lug.udel.edu
Tue Feb 8 22:34:35 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 09:08:56PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> first, the general form of the check:
>
> SomeObject::some_function (...)
> {
>      if (Gtkmmext::UI::instance()->caller_is_gui_thread()) {
>            Gtkmmext::UI::instance()->call_slot (slot (*this, &SomeObject::some_function));
> 	   return;
>      }
> }

I'm not a big fan of pre-processor magic, but this does perhaps look
like an ideal spot for it.  If this block is accurate (and despite
following this list, I'm not familiar with ardour sources), then the
only thing that changes from function to function is "some_function".

Sounds like a nice one parameter macro.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at lug.udel.edu