[ardour-dev] AMD64 SSE optimisation

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Sat Dec 17 03:44:11 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 13:00 +0000, John Rigg wrote:
> Hi
>
> Here's a patch to allow Ardour's SSE optimising code to be used on x86_64.
> I've got it running on my AMD64 system but haven't done any performance tests
> yet.
> If anyone notices any glaring errors or wrong assumptions in the patch,
> please let me know. BTW this is just a basic patch and will break
> compilation on 32-bit systems.

Here is the sandbox tester i was promising to send you. Run this and
send the results to me personally. If anyone else wants to test this on
x86_64 go ahead.

Instructions:
 - Check the OPT variable in make.sh so that it matches the right
   architecture
 - Run ./make.sh
 - Run ./tests.sh
 - Send me the resulting results.txt