[ardour-dev] Ardour2 cvs snapshots ?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Dec 2 06:57:18 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 15:14 -0600, Matt Walker wrote:
> On Thursday 01 December 2005 02:32, Sampo Savolainen wrote:
> > Quoting Raphael Jacquot <sxpert at esitcom.org>:
> > > if you ask me, I find the reasons for non-availability of a public
> > > read-only cvs (something like anonymous at cvs.ardour.org ) are rather
> `
> >
> > The reason is simple and not weak at all: As great as the hosting Paul uses
> > is, all created users _must_ belong to one group and new groups can't be
> > created.
> >  Sampo
>
> You say that so glibly. What, is it 1974 Bell Labs Unix running on a PDP-10?
> Or DOS-5.0 on a PC-XT? The BOFH is constipated? The NSA told you to shut up
> or they'd kill your family? End of story.

/etc/groups is generated automatically from a customer database, and
since the anoncvs user is associated with my account, it automatically
ends up as part of the primary unix group associated with my account.
this user has no access to CVS, which is all owned by a different group,
but it theoretically does have (group) access to every other file at the
hosting service that has not been specifically set to another group.
since new files are all created in this default group to begin with,
this is a bit of a problem.

--p