[ardour-dev] ardour:fatal error

David Mulcahy eseol at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Apr 29 04:20:38 PDT 2005

On Thursday 28 April 2005 14:24, David Mulcahy wrote:
> Just for info only. I was editing a session when the following poped up
>
> Ardour: fatal error
> Programming error: location/marker does not contain location!

This is how to reproduce this message and another bug? (more a user misuse but
it causes a shutdown).

In object mode select a range from within the range marker line.
Then use undo to undo it
click range mode and select a range within a track
and then select range -> loop range and at this point the above message
appears.  If I press exit ardour exits (no save) if i simply close the
diologue box i can continue to work.

Second shutdown (slight user misuse)

Select a range within the master bus and the select edit cut and ardour
shutsdown.

I know the above was a misuse but i just did it by instinct.

Dave

PS I am using beta29 so i dont know if it fixed in CVS