[ardour-dev] Re: [ardour-users] Ebuild posted to bug.gentoo.org forardour-0.9beta29

David R. Bergstein dbergstein at comcast.net
Tue Apr 19 09:47:22 PDT 2005

Mark Knecht wrote:
> On 4/19/05, Polashek, Matthew <matthew_polashek at mcgraw-hill.com> wrote:
>
>>I think the Getoo folks told me I had to compile the VST stuff:
>>
>>"The Gentoo box I'm nearest to isn't very up to date, but the most
>>current version of Ardour on it doesn't seem to have USE flags for vst
>>and coremidi. In which case the OP would have to do something like
>>`ebuild unpack /path/to/ardour.ebuild` configure manually and then
>>`ebuild install /path/to/ardour.ebuild`."
>>
>>I haven't had time to figure this out yet.  Busy with performances.
>>

> Matthew,
>    All I looked at was the proposed ebuild in Bugzilla. It shows:
>
> rc_compile() {
> 	# Required for scons to "see" intermediate install location
> 	mkdir -p ${D}
> 	scons DESTDIR=${D} PREFIX=/usr KSI=0 -j2
> }
>
> I think that this command will turn off KSI, which is on by default,
> but it will not turn on VST support which is off by default.

That is correct, I ran into some issues building with KSI enabled, hence that
is why I turned it off in the ebuild that was posted.

> I don't particularily need VST support. I'm just asking if it should
> be included as an option.

Perhaps I can check into this, however I am not familiar as to how use flags
can get integrated with this ebuild (it was the result of about a day's trial
and error).  Perhaps I can get one of the gentoo devs to provide me a hint.

> Cheers,
> Mark

Regards,

- David