[ardour-dev] Another memory leak in current cvs

David Mulcahy eseol at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 08:02:39 PDT 2005

On Friday 15 April 2005 12:46, David Mulcahy wrote:
> On Thursday 14 April 2005 23:35, David Mulcahy wrote:
> > I hate to say this but I think there is another memory leak in the
> > current CVS tarball.  As I am writing this ardour is idle ant the memory
> > consumption is steadily increasing (again via ps).  The gui is very
> > sluggish indeed - I press record and it takes seconds to respond (in fact
> > the whole gui locks up for seconds) with 50% memory used and still
> > increasing and 0 dsp load.  Its too late to do anything now but I just
> > thought i would inform you guys.
>
> This is what appears at the console when the memory was increasing
>
> no space in GUI request buffer for thread 3055610800
>
> will try and reproduce it today

trying with valgrind but the dsp hits 100% almost straight away (even on a
small session any mouse movement pushes dsp load up pretty high) and if i try
anything ardour gets disconnected from jack (even running non realtime) and
although valgrind memory consumption grows (to 92.2% when i close the
session) I dont think it hits the point to trigger the memory leak - the
graph seems to indicate no leak anyway.

Not sure what to do now.

Dave