[ardour-dev] latest CVS commit

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Apr 9 21:20:58 PDT 2005

   * major redesign of how I/O changes (connections/configurations)
     are signalled. there used to be two signals, one for connection
     changes and one for configuration changes. this has been changed
     to just a single signal, to try to address the "cannot save"
     problem and various crashes. there was a thread race in the way
     these signals were handled.

     this is a significant design change, and its not guaranteed to
     be correct. in addition, since i can't generate the bugs its
     intended to fix, i can't offer any evidence that it will fix
     them. however, gerard sent me a valgrind trace that is backed up
     by other people's reports of things that cause or help the
     problems.

   * fix problems with not being able to use templates to create
     new sessions because of lack of write access to the (nonexistent)
     directory.

   * libardour:  0.885.0
     ardour/gtk: 0.586.0

I have rebuilt the CVS tarball by hand tonight (it will be rebuilt at
about 04:13 PST as well). Please try this out, particularly people who have
been able to easily reproduce "cannot save" bugs.

--p