[ardour-dev] Mono switch

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 12:23:08 PDT 2005

Hi Mark,

--- Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 8, 2005 11:16 AM, David Gatwood
> <dgatwood at mac.com> wrote:
> > On Apr 8, 2005, at 8:56 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >    Well, I've got the 002 Rack up for sale.
> We'll see how soon it's
> > > gone.

> Whatever I end up with has to be pretty simple as I
> have 50-100
> sessions done in PTLE. If I'm going to make any use
> of them whatever I
> do needs to be pretty straight forward.

We've gone through this with four digital studio
solutions beginning with a BRC and black face ADAT
machines then a pair Yamaha AW4416 HDRs, a Mac OS 9
with the Motu 2408 and Digital Performer, and finally
an RME9652 with Ardour.

My solution has been to keep everything.

My situation is different than what you have because
we've probably done a 100 distinct clients since
buying the AW4416s. For me, the time it would take to
transfer is more costly than the return on a sale for
any of this junk.

An 002 would have to get a damned fine resale before
I'd dump 50 sessions.

Then again you don't need the hardware to run PTLE and
you can dump to disk multitrack sessions as you need
them. What the heck, sell it.

> I was thinking I could do a bunch of track by track
> bounces so that at
> least I could get song structure back later, but
> even that would take
> a week or two to really get done.

They don't need to be done all-at-once.

ron