[ardour-dev] MMC News

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Sun Apr 3 08:02:38 PDT 2005

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 10:46:51 -0400
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> >I've played around with this some more, and found that if I reprogram my
> >BCF to send a control change rather than a program change message, the
> >solo/mute/rec-enable controls all work, so this one is purely on my end.
>
> duh. i misread "program change" as "note on" :) yeah, we don't respond
> to PC messages at all, just CC and NoteOn/Off.

That's good to know!  I just need to program this puppy, and it'll be
amazing.  I'm already in love with it just for the fader controls, with
the rest in place, it's going to be a thing of beauty.

As an aside, TapeOp, which is generally not a big Behringer fan (for
valid reasons, too), reviewed the BCF and BCR units in the latest issue, and
gave a very positive review.

> >The freeze on FFwd is still there, though.  I'll just have to remember not
> >to do that!!
>
> i want you to do it, and preferably with a debuggable version of
> ardour in such as way as to get a backtrace :)

I'm one step ahead of you here - I just built the new CVS with DEBUG=1, I'll
review the process to get you a trace shortly.  I don't think this is really
an MMC issue, since it takes the FFwd command and starts the playing.  When
it fails, nothing's happening with MMC.  Details to follow, I'll put it in
Mantis when I've got something.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com