[ardour-dev] MTC & MMC issues Beta 19...

Third Option thirdoption at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 22 17:24:17 PDT 2004

this is what I've been doing to solve said problem:

run ecasound in interactive mode as jack master, sending mmc out the midi
ports
run ardour in jack sync mode
ready sequencer to start on MMC

then when I type
start
in ecasound, both the external sequencer and ardour start

this has been working, but see my ranting and raving about float and xruns

I really recommend tracking each sequencer track to ardour before mixdown -
or at least a stereo mix

that way when you're actually MIXING the final mix, ardour won't have to be
sync'd with the sequencer.  all that'll already be done and there and in
sync (watch out for ardour placing audio late and you having to slide it
back in place - this is another issue that may be fixed in your version) and
you can mix mix mix