[ardour-dev] First successful test run

Ben Bell bjb-ardour-dev at deus.net
Sun Sep 5 11:44:00 PDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 07:54:46PM +0200, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> > Things still causing problems: 2.6 kernels - xruns galore even with
> > voluntary
> >  preempt. rosegarden4<->jack<->ardour integration -- midi timing all
> >  over the place with fluidsynth, jack.udp.
> have a look. maybe you get bitten by this..
Interesting. Actually it turns out I've been running LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1
for quite a while because of rxvt futex hanging problems. I'd forgotten,
though.
Testing with L_A_K=2.4.22 seemed superficially to be better but running quite
a lot of qsynth channels and thrashing around virtual desktops caused overruns
eventually. Frankly, it could be better with 2.4.22 instead of 2.4.1 but I'm
fed up with starting everything up, and thrashing it to see if it breaks.
If the info would be helpful to someone I'll dig a bit more but otherwise
I think I'll go back to my much happier new box for now ;-)

--
+-----Ben Bell - "A song, a perl script and the occasional silly sig.-----+
  ///      email: bjb at deus.net            www: http://www.deus.net/~bjb/