[ardour-dev] Here or in Mantis?? pan-audio files with too many panner states

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Sun Oct 31 16:03:01 PST 2004

I have a relatively large session now that's popping up 2 errors
whenever I open it:

[ERROR]: too many panner states found in pan automation file /tape/Meccalily-Jungle/automation/Meccalily-Jungle-pan-Audio 6.automation
[ERROR]: too many panner states found in pan automation file /tape/Meccalily-Jungle/automation/Meccalily-Jungle-pan-Audio 31.automation

I've tried removing these files and letting Ardour recreate them, and I
get the same error again.

In looking at my .ardour XML files, I see that for each of these two
error messages, I have <Route><IO><Panner> elements for two different
tracks that use the automation filenames in question.

I think the fix is easy enough - just change the .ardour file so that
one of the two tracks uses a different name for its automation file -
but I'm not sure if this is worth a bug report in mantis since I can't
really say how I got to this point in the first place.  I *think* it
might have been because of crashes along the way during the session, but
I don't have any documentation to back it up.

Any thoughts?

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com