[ardour-dev] Ahhhh-dour....mmmmm

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Tue Oct 26 07:48:26 PDT 2004

Joe Hartley wrote on Tue, 26-Oct-2004:

 > > Being particulary klutzy with the mouse, I need this too.  It always
 > > takes me two or three tries to grab the play-head successfully.
 >
 > I've found that I've moved tracks around in object mode because I
 > didn't grab the playback or edit head quite right, especially in bigger
 > sessions where I have enough tracks that I have vertically scrolled
 > down and the master track's off the top of the screen.  I've been trying
 > to use the ctl-middlemouse combo to relocate the heads (playback in
 > object mode, edit in range mode).

You folks should try out the 'p' and 'e' keyboard shortcuts.
Pressing (or holding) them will position the playhead and edit
cursor wherever the mouse cursor is.  Very fast, very handy...
this kind of key-mouse use was inspired by ProTux, and there will
likely be more on the way.

If it doesn't work, you might have an old ~/.ardour/ardour.rc
in the way.  If you move it out of the way, ardour will recreate
a fresh one from the systemwide defaults.  Of course, you'll lose
some of your preferences... but you can fix that later.

jlc