[ardour-dev] Ardour tarball make install on Planet box

Christian Schumann schumann at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Nov 30 07:59:16 PST 2004

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 07:42:35AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:25:49 +0100, Christian Schumann
> <schumann at physik.uni-kl.de> wrote:
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 11:57:23AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > > The make install step is failing. I Tried copyin gmkinstalldirs to
> > > both libs/ardour/intl and libs/ardour/po. No improvement. What am I
> > > doing wrong? Here's what I see:
> > I had the same problem, solved it by linking to automake's mkinstalldirs
> > script from ardour/ and ardour/libs/. If you check these sould be the
> > directories where the script/link is missing.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Christian
> >

> Thanks. I did get it working yesterday. I had to copy mkinstalldirs to
> 2 or 3 places. After that it built.

This is an issue that could easily be fixed in the nightly CVS tarballs
and would ease compilation a lot. Perhaps someone can fix this so
compilation works by default?

Regards,
Christian

Dipl.-Phys. Christian Schumann   |Technische Universitaet Kaiserslautern
Mail: schumann at physik.uni-kl.de  |           Fachbereich Physik
Tel.: 0631/205-4842              |     http://www.physik.uni-kl.de
Fax.: 0631/205-3902              |
Post: Erwin-Schroedinger-Strasse, D-67663 Kaiserslautern