[ardour-dev] issues with plugin in/out counts

nolv nolv at free.fr
Tue Nov 23 08:09:07 PST 2004

Selon Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas at gmx.net>:

> So my take on the problem would be to not hide the complexity, but
> expose it by offering a routing dialog which allows connections from/to
> arbitrary plugin ports. Basically something like a graphical tool to
> patch up the plugins as desired (something similar to qjackctl or some
> modular synth, you get my drift).

In fact it is already possible : You just have to create inserts and sends
anywhere in ardour that communicate with a jackified pure-data[*]. I do this
sometimes.

If it was possible to do that directly in ardour, it would be so great! But is
it only compatible with the "stream" concept of ardour? But maybe i did not
fully understood the concept. So i'll wait to give my answer to the original
question.