[ardour-dev] Success story and punch in/out

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Mon Nov 8 07:35:28 PST 2004

Just wanted to let you know that I ran JACK/Ardour for 10 hours
yesterday recording 8 tracks at a time with only 3 xruns.  We got 8 demo
songs done. Ardour crashed a grand total of *ZERO* times.  No problems
or glitches.  Everything worked as advertised.

One thing that wasn't a software problem (operator error) - the new
punch in/out scenario lost me completely.  Luckily I was working with
good musicians so I only really needed it once and I managed a
workaround.  Can anyone give me a quick tutorial on how the new dialog
works?

Jan