[ardour-dev] fst -- Location of VST-Plugins?

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Thu May 20 04:17:34 PDT 2004

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:

> Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen <k.s.matheussen at notam02.no>:
> > Yes, but wine works in mysterious ways. :)
>
> Hint available?
> When I was fiddling with Kontakt/jack_fst I saw in the strace that it
> was looking for
> "Startup Samples",
> "Startup samples",
> "startup samples" and I remember thinking "Oh-my-god ..."

Strange :))), and no, I don't know how wine does its things either.
But it probably has something to do with the limited filename variety
msdos provides. In the vstserver code I use code to convert
between msdsos and unix style names. To the library, you can
provide any type of name, but the server receives lower-case
ms-dos name, or something like that. Must be like that because
of the cache thing.